Monday, September 24, 2007

Mr & Mrs

A good friend and customer of mine got married on the weekend, and this is the card I made her. The base card is Cranberry Crisp and then I stamped Paisley on it in Bravo Burgundy. This is a great compromise when you can't decide between 2 colours! The flowers from Both way Blossoms (level 2 Hostess set - what an elegant set this is!) have been stamped in Black Stazon ink on Watercolour Paper, and coloured in with my Crayons and Aquapainter. The nifty little bow is a "faux bow", made using the double rectangle punch. These are so easy, you get a perfect bow every time, and it's attached to your card, so you don't have to work out how to stick it on. I've matted by flowers on a piece of Always Artichoke. "Mr & Mrs" (says it all really!) is from Tagger's Dozen, and has been stamped on Watercolour paper and punched out with the Large Oval punch. I then used a dauber to sponge the edges in Bravo Burgundy.
Hope you had a really special day, and everything went really smoothly Lorna! I was thinking of you!

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Marelle! Hey, I'll be married 15 years on Wednesday... whatcha gonna make for ME??! hee hee! Teasing, of course. ...well, maybe I'm not. Your cards are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love mr. & mrs! What a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card, Everything you make is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is stunning, in fact I absolutely love all your work and often check back to see what's new on your blog. You are incredibly talented and inspiring! Any chance of some faux bow instructions?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely lovely card Marelle. The colours work beautifully...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is just beautiful. You have inspired me. I am making this card today, in different colours, for 2 couples we know getting married this weekend. Thanks for sharing your lovely creations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card. Love the colours, came out great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card Marelle!

    Di/UK

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin