Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Heartfelt Sympathy

Sympathy cards are one type of card that I never keep in stock.... it would feel like I'm wishing bad luck on myself and others to keep any on hand. Not only that though, but if ever there was a "stamp for therapy" card, then a sympathy card would be it. It is a chance to immerse yourself in creating something for someone in need, and at the same time it somehow helps to heal your own grief.
Dave Abbott, the Australasian General Manager of Stampin' Up! passed away last week at the age of 41. I only met him a handful of times, but he was a man in a million. I attended his funeral yesterday and it was so sad seeing his wife and 3 young children grieving, but the service was a true reflection of what a special man he was.

Cardstock: Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Basic Black, Watercolour Paper
Inks: Black Stazon, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Sage Shadow
Stamps: Both Way Blossoms, Warmest Regards, Heartfelt Thanks, Paisley
Other: 1/2" circle punch, Small Oval Punch, Pewter Hodgepodge, Silver Organdy Ribbon
For this card, I stamped in Black Stazon, then I wet the whole piece of watercolour paper with my Aquapainter, and then dipped my Aquapainter into a drop of re-inker, and dabbed it on to the image. The colour spreads softly as the paper dries.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marelle,

    What a lovely peaceful card - just perfect for the occassion for which it was meant!!
    He is a man who will never be forgotten!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin