Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Stem Silhouettes

This was the other make-and-take at my launch night. Yes, I do love that wide ribbon!! It has such presence on the card. Normally when you add ribbon, you need to tie it over a band of cardstock or patterned paper, but the wide ribbon stands on it's own so well. Here I've used Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Whisper White and Basic Black. Stem Silhouettes would have to be my favourite set from the new Summer Mini...such elegant simplicity! The main panel has been lifted up with Dimensionals, and the spine of this card is at the top, so the ribbon can be wrapped all the way around the card.

6 comments:

  1. Goodmorning, I have been visiting you blog site quite often lately. You have done some very lovely cards, this one I really do like. So simple but elegant. I just wished you lived in Melbourne not Sydney so I could of came to the launch with my stamping friend. Merry Christmas Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Marelle, what a gorgeous & classy card. I'm totally with you about 'stem' silhouettes' being a fave in the summer mini...and you have to love the wide ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a fab card. So elegant. I love the colours you have used.
    K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It certainly is a great set and a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous Marelle! I just love it! I see what you mean about the wide ribbon having a presence. I might have to use your ideas here! The colour combo is great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin