Friday, February 22, 2008

Faux Tearing

Marelle Taylor Stampin' Up! AustraliaThis is the little card I was demonstrating at the Show (yes, blues and greens again!!). I was showing a technique called Faux Tearing, and also Watercolouring with Markers.

Here's how to do it:
1. Tear a scrap of paper that is at least as long as your card. This will be your mask.
2. Lay the torn edge along your card where you would like your faux tear to be
3. Use sponge daubers and your inkpad to sponge along the torn edge
4. Move the mask up over the sponged edge a few mm and stamp or sponge the cardstock above the tear

Here I stamped with the Paisley Background above my faux tear. The colours I've used here are Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue and certainly Celery. The "Merci" Sale-a-Bration set is so lovely to watercolour!


4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love the colors and the technique! I'm going to have to try it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous once again Marelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marelle...I found your blog when I did a search on google for faux tearing. Oh my goodness, I hit the jackpot when I found your directions...they are awesome! I printed them out so that I could share with my customers. They are going to LOVE this!! Do you mind if I CASE? I took a peek at the rest of your cards and they are goregeous! I am in Colorado in the USA...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course, Joanne, you are welcome to CASE :o)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin